mercredi 29 mars 2017

Julie’s gadget diary – I’m going to be really tired tomorrow and quite a bit poorer

I have been using a Nexus 6P as my main phone since the fall of 2015. It’s been a really nice device, but it’s time that I hand it down to Jeanne so she can ditch her older than dirt Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and I can move to something new like the Samsung Galaxy S8! 

I just finished watching Samsung’s Unpacked Event where they officially unveiled the Galaxy S8 and S8+ devices. I’m excited about the new phones. The event itself didn’t sway me to want to buy one of them though. I had already decided that I would be buying one months ago. My only struggle has been trying to decide which one to choose: S8 or S8+. I’ve finally made up my mind to go with the S8. The S8+’s crazy large display is very tempting, but I’m looking forward to having the same size screen as my Nexus 6P in a more pocket-friendly size.

The Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ devices won’t be available until April 21st, but pre-orders start at 12:01 AM tomorrow morning through Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile. The S8 will be priced at $750 and the S8+ will be $850 from AT&T and T-Mobile, but only $720 and $830 through Verizon, which is the carrier that I use. Verizon and T-Mobile are also including a new Samsung Gear VR headset and other goodies.

I also want to buy a Samsung DeX dock which will let you connect the S8/S8+ to a monitor, keyboard, and mouse for a full-screen PC-like experience. I’m really excited to try that feature. Right not there isn’t any info about pricing or availability. But if it’s up for pre-sale at 12:01 tomorrow morning, I’m adding one to my shopping cart along with a black S8.

Check out Samsung for more info on the new Galaxy S8 and S8+ devices (Note: at the time I’m posting this, they haven’t added any specific product info).

Is anyone else as excited as I am to get their hands on one of these new phones?

[Source: The Verge, CNet]

Filed in categories: Articles

Tagged: ,

Julie’s gadget diary – I’m going to be really tired tomorrow and quite a bit poorer originally appeared on on March 29, 2017 at 1:04 pm.

Note: If you are subscribed to this feed through FeedBurner, please switch to our native feed URL http://ift.tt/1nJlrA1 in order to ensure continuous delivery.



Julie’s gadget diary – I’m going to be really tired tomorrow and quite a bit poorer

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire