vendredi 16 septembre 2016

iRestore Laser Hair Growth System review

irestore-21

Yes, I’m a little too short for a stormtrooper. But my head is just the right size for the iRestore Laser Hair Growth System hat / helmet / cap / thingy. Actually, they call it a dome. What is it and why am I wearing it? Keep reading to find out.

What is it?

The iRestore Laser Hair Growth System is an FDA-cleared laser hair therapy system for men and women who suffer from androgenic alopecia.

What’s in the package?

irestore-5

iRestore dome with attached controller
AC adapter
User manual

Design and features

irestore-4

The iRestore dome is made of white plastic. It has a built in head band that helps keep the dome in place during therapy sessions, and it has a handheld controller that is used to start and stop the sessions.

irestore-3

Inside the dome are 21 lasers and 30 LEDs that emit a specific wave length of light.

Also inside the dome are several soft cushions that allow the dome to fit comfortably on your head.

irestore-2

The controller has a small backlit display that shows a timer while the session is in progress and there are two buttons that control power, and start and stop the session.

Why would you want to use this goofy looking helmet?

Having very thin hair or balding areas on your head can be traumatic for some people because humans tend to judge others on their appearance.

The iRestore system claims to be able to promote hair growth in men ages 18-48 and women ages 18-60 who have androgenic alopecia. For men, this is usually referred to as male pattern baldness which is classified on the Norwood-Hamilton scale. The iRestore system claims to help men who fall in the Class IIa to V range and in the Fitzpatrick Skin Types I to VI range.

The iRestore Laser Hair Growth System is appropriate for women who have pattern baldness  and fall on the Ludwig Savin Scale from Class I to II and have a Fitzpatrick Skin Type of I to IV. You can see the charts below:

irestore-300 irestore-301

Why am I reviewing the iRestore system? Because I’ve been dealing with thin hair since my cancer adventure 5 years ago. All my body hair fell out 2 weeks after my first chemo treatment. I was given what the nurses called the “Red Devil” (Adriamycin) chemotherapy drug. It actually came in a huge syringe and looked just like red Kool-aid. I had four treatments of that particular chemo and then I had four more treatments of another type of chemo that my Doc said shouldn’t make my hair fall out again, but it did.

hair2 hair1 hair3

I didn’t get that upset about my hair falling out due to the chemo. The first day it started happening, I called the person who cut my hair and she came to the house and shaved it all off. It was really pretty liberating. But unfortunately, it didn’t grow back as thick and full as it had been before all the chemo and another drug I was on for about 4 years.

I’ve tried a few different things with the hopes that it might make my hair recover. There’s Biotin, which I’m still taking once a day. I don’t think it’s really doing anything. I’ve tried some hair vitamins called Hairfluence for a couple months. They didn’t really help either. The latest test has been Biotin shampoo which I’ve been using for a month or so without any noticeable effects. So when I was offered the chance, I was totally game to try the iRestore.

irestore-20

Using iRestore is very simple. You just put it on your head like you see above.

irestore-22

The helmet isn’t very heavy or uncomfortable. The cord coming out the back gets in the way a little bit, but it’s not a huge deal because the sessions only take 25 minutes every other day. You just press the power button on the controller and then the start button.

irestore-21

The LEDs turn on and off for twenty-five minutes and you’re done. The controller beeps at the end of the session and the LEDs automatically turn off.

About 15 minutes into the first session I thought I felt my head getting hot, but it was probably my imagination because I’ve never felt that sensation again. Your head doesn’t get hot at all… at least mine doesn’t.

So is it working? It’s too early to tell because it takes 16 weeks before you know. Yes, that’s a long time, so I plan to do an update every 4 weeks.

irestore-1

This the top of my head where the thinning is the most noticeable. This picture was taken on 8/29/16 before my first iRestore session.

9/05/16 9/12/16

So far I’ve done 9 treatments and am not noticing any new hair, but I plan to keep doing the treatments every other day for the full 16 weeks and will continue adding photos and updates every few weeks. I’m pretty skeptical that it will help me, but I’m happy to take one for the gadget team and give it a try! So stay tuned and keep checking back for updates.

Source: The sample for this review was provided by iRestore. Please visit their site for more info and Amazon to order one.

 

Product Information

Price: $595
Manufacturer: iRestore
Retailer: Amazon
Pros:
  • Easy to use
  • No pain or discomfort
Cons:
  • Expensive
  • Takes 16 weeks before potential benefit is realized

Filed in categories: Health, Fitness, Sports, Reviews

Tagged:

iRestore Laser Hair Growth System review originally appeared on The Gadgeteer on September 16, 2016 at 11:00 am.

Note: If you are subscribed to this feed through FeedBurner, please switch to our native feed URL http://ift.tt/1nJlrA1 in order to ensure continuous delivery.



iRestore Laser Hair Growth System review

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire