jeudi 26 janvier 2017

IDENTITY Card wallet review

I am very picky about my EDC. I want quality items that are simple to use and are as minimal as possible when it comes to how much space they take up. About a year ago I realized that I almost never use cash anymore. When I buy something it’s easier to swipe a credit card than it is to unzip my wallet, pull out the required cash, receive any change back, place that change back in the wallet and zip it back up. Not to mention the fact that wallets tend to be bulky because they accumulate extra stuff by way of receipts and other paper as time goes by. So I switched to a minimal wallet and after trying a few different ones, the IDENTITY Card wallet is my current hard-to-beat favorite. Let’s check it out.

What is it?

The IDENTITY Card wallet is an ultra small and ultra light weight minimalist wallet that is made of aerospace-grade carbon fiber.

Design and features

The IDENTITY Card wallet has a unique “folded” one-piece design that allows you to separate your cards into two piles. The wallet can hold four cards on one side of the wallet and four cards on the other side.

 

The wallet has a footprint almost the same size as a regular credit card. It’s the smallest wallet I’ve found so far.

The sides are smooth to the touch with no rough edges

IDENTITY offers the wallet with or without a logo badge on the front. During their crowdfunding campaign, they sent me a sample of the wallet with a logo badge. Now they are also offering it without the badge. I like the badgeless version best because the edges of the logo made it harder to insert the wallet into my pocket.

Here are all the cards that I carry in the IDENTITY Card wallet. I have several regular plastic credit cards along with a few thinner paper cards and some Gadgeteer business cards that I can use as note cards if I need to.

The stack of card slides into the side and is held securely in place by the sides of the wallet.

Even with all the cards inserted into the wallet, it’s still very thin.

The diagonal cutouts on the front and back make it easy to slide out the top card with your thumb.

The IDENTITY Card wallet fits very easily into my pocket and is so thin that I barely even notice that it’s there.

Final thoughts

I have zero bad things to say about the IDENTITY Card wallet. As long as you are ok with the fact that you can’t use it to carry cash, it’s the perfect wallet for minimalists. I absolutely love it.

Source: The sample for this review was provided by IDENTITY Wallets. Please visit their site for more info.

 

Product Information

Price: $35.00
Manufacturer: IDENTITY Wallets
Pros:
  • Almost the exact size of a credit card
  • Easy to use
Cons:
  • Doesn't hold cash

Filed in categories: Reviews, Wallets

Tagged:

IDENTITY Card wallet review originally appeared on The Gadgeteer on January 26, 2017 at 10:33 am.

Note: If you are subscribed to this feed through FeedBurner, please switch to our native feed URL http://ift.tt/1nJlrA1 in order to ensure continuous delivery.



IDENTITY Card wallet review

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire