jeudi 8 juin 2017

Julie’s gadget diary – I caught this bird interaction with my Nest cam today

I love my Nest cameras because they record everything they see 24/7 and not just a few seconds after motion has been detected.

You never know what kind of interesting things that serurity cameras might capture. A few years ago I wrote a story about a mystery that was solved with the help of my Nest cam and today I have another video clip for you. Click through to check out the crazy bird battle that was captured with one of my Nest cameras this morning.

Fast forward to the 1:30 mark and keep watching till about the 2:00 mark and beyond.

The big bird is a pileated woodpecker, which is the largest woodpecker in North America. Unfortunately, the lighting in this video doesn’t show his bright red head. This a big bird. He’s about the size of a small crow.

The little board is an eastern phoebe. She has a nest with babies in the eaves of the roof above those posts on my front porch and she’s NOT happy that Mr. Woodpecker is there.

I was really surprised and impressed how she keeps flying at a bird so much bigger than she is. She does finally give up though. And thankfully so does the woodpecker. I’m worried about what I’m going to find when I get home tonight to inspect the posts. We’ve never had problems before with woodpeckers pecking on the house, so I hope this one doesn’t decide to stick around.

Filed in categories: Articles

Tagged: ,

Julie’s gadget diary – I caught this bird interaction with my Nest cam today originally appeared on on June 8, 2017 at 12:31 pm.

Note: If you are subscribed to this feed through FeedBurner, please switch to our native feed URL http://ift.tt/1nJlrA1 in order to ensure continuous delivery.



Julie’s gadget diary – I caught this bird interaction with my Nest cam today

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire