jeudi 5 octobre 2017

Julie’s gadget diary – It’s official, I’m switching back to Android

When I was watching Google’s live event yesterday and heard that the new Pixel 2’s would be going on sale that day, I immediately opened a new tab on my browser and went to check the Google Play store. Sure enough, they were available to order, so I did just that.

I ordered the Google Pixel 2 XL 128GB version in black. The black and white version looks very snazzy and I am a little bummed that I didn’t pick it so I’d have the red power button. But I was worried that the white would look dirty after use. I also know that I’ll end up covering it up with a thin case to add some grip to what I’m guessing will be a slippery phone.

A few days ago I posted that I was going to be switching from iOS to Android after a 3-month Android hiatus in iPhone land. I mentioned that my device choice was narrowed down between an LG V30 and the new yet unofficial Pixel XL 2.

I planned to give my iPhone 7 Plus to Jeanne to replace her really old Samsung Galaxy Note 2. Switching to Android concerned me a little because I had planned for Jeanne and I to both be on an iOS phone when I bought an iPhone X. We’ve been on different Android phones with different versions of the OS for years, which always makes it tough to troubleshoot problems when she calls me on the phone at work to complain about something not working right. I thought being on the same version of the OS would greatly help my stress level during those calls 😉 But I wrecked that idea when I decided I’d go back to Android. However, Jeanne didn’t really care about that and was just looking forward to getting a new phone no matter what it was. But it still bugged me.

Lady luck was shining on me though because yesterday Dave Rees offered to trade me a new still in the box Pixel XL (last year’s model) for my iPhone 7 Plus which he plans to give his son. I jumped on that offer because Jeanne and I could both be on the same OS like I wanted. At least through next year’s Android P update which is the last update the first Pixel phones will receive.

I also sold my iPad Pro 10.5 with Pencil yesterday to a friend at work because I have barely used it since buying it 3 months ago. So all in all, I feel like I got 2 brand new phones for only about $300. Yay!

Now I just have to wait 2 weeks until the Pixel XL 2 arrives. Waiting.is.so.hard. 😉

Filed in categories: Articles

Tagged: , ,

Julie’s gadget diary – It’s official, I’m switching back to Android originally appeared on The Gadgeteer on October 5, 2017 at 8:00 am.

Note: If you are subscribed to this feed through FeedBurner, please switch to our native feed URL http://ift.tt/1nJlrA1 in order to ensure continuous delivery.



Julie’s gadget diary – It’s official, I’m switching back to Android

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire